Poetry of Yogananda
” In waking, eating, working, dreaming, sleeping,
Serving, meditating, chanting, divinely loving,
My soul constantly hums, unheard by any;
God, God, God! “
Selected Poems of Yogananda
The poems contained in Songs of The Soul are reflections and images of the higher worlds that Paramahansa Yogananda experienced.
For example, a Poem such as Samadhi imparts a revealing glimpse of the highest Transcendental Consciousness. True, words can never adequately describe a state of consciousness, however these poetic images are like a “finger pointing to the moon” – a guiding light to inspire us to travel along the path of the mystic.
Also these poems, such as Nature’s nature show Yogananda’s deep reverence for nature, however to Yogananda nature is not just beautiful to behold, but also is a manifestation of the Cosmic Spirit.
Yogananda Poetry Links
- Books on Yogananda at Amazon.com
- Songs of the Soul by Paramahansa Yogananda. Book available at Self Realization Fellowship website.
- Whispers From Eternity - More songs, prayers and poems by Paramahansa Yogananda
- Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam Explained By Yogananda, Edited D. Walters. This is a beautiful explanation of the mystic poetry of Omar Khayyam.
- As Paramahansa Yogananda observes, although Khayyam’s work may have been misunderstood in the West, its meaning had never been in doubt in Persia, where “Khayyam has always been considered a highly advanced mystical teacher, and his Rubaiyat revered as an inspired Sufi scripture”.
- My Cosmic Mother’s Face – Poem by Yogananda at Write Spirit.net
- Whispers From Eternity – Prayers by Paramahansa Yogananda