“Optimism is the secret of self-reliance. Self-reliance is the secret of a dynamic power. A dynamic power is the secret of an immediate success.”
More and more I have come to admire resilience.
Not the simple resistance of a pillow, whose foam
returns over and over to the same shape, but the sinuous
tenacity of a tree: finding the light newly blocked on one side,
it turns in another. A blind intelligence, true.
But out of such persistence arose turtles, rivers,
mitochondria, figs–all this resinous, unretractable earth.
- Jane Hirshfield
- The World-Soul – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Julian of Norwich Sayings
- My Heart Leaps up – William Wordsworth
- To Hope – John Keats
- If - Rudyard Kipling
- T’is so much joy – Emily Dickinson
- Going to Heaven – Emily Dickinson