I have drunk deep of God’s own liberty
From which an occult sovereignty derives;
Hidden in an earthly garment that survives,
I am the worldless being vast and free.
A moment stamped with that supremacy
Has rescued me from cosmic hooks and gives;
Abolishing death and time my nature lives
In the deep heart of immortality.
God’s contract signed with ignorance is torn;
Time has become the Eternal’s endless tear,
My soul’s wide self of living infinite Space
Outlines its body luminous and unborn
Behind the earth-robe; under the earth-mask grows clear
The mould of an imperishable face.
Other Poems on Immortality
- What Shall I do- Upanishads
- Gayatri Mantra – Upanishads
- To Weep Because – Sri Aurobindo
- Immortality – Sri Chinmoy
- Revelation – Sri Chinmoy
- The Chariot (Because I could not stop for death) – Emily Dickinson
- From the Unreal to the Real – The Upanishads
- Ode on Imitations on Immortality – W.Wordsworth
Photo Credit: Sharani