The ego rises from the Self.
Search the source of the ego
and the Self is revealed.
That alone remains.
The universe is only expanded Self.
It is not different from the Self…
Excerpt from “There is Nothing New”
These are poems which seek to help us discover a sense of our Real Self. Through poetry we can be given suggestions as to the eternal question of “Who Am I?”
Poems about The Self and Self Discovery
- The Self is Known To Everyone Ramana Maharshi
- Wisdom from The Upanishads
- The Self from the Upanishads translated by Swami Paramanada
- The Absolute – Sri Chinmoy
- The Voyager of Self Discovery – Sri Chinmoy
- Conceit – D.H.Lawrence
- On the Self– Bhagavad Gita
- One’s Self I sing– Walt Whitman
- No Self– Rumi
- Spring – Alan Jacobs
- Poem on Self Sacrifice by Sri Chinmoy
- Spiritual Poems
- Poems about Spirituality (Including Poems on Krishna, Poems on Kali)
photo top: Sri Chinmoy Centre galleries