A selection of the most famous British poets from Chaucer to modern times.
British poets include some of the world’s best loved and widely read poets. British poets such as Shakespeare, Blake and Keats have made an immense contribution to English literature.
Other Poetseers Links
- British Poetry – Selected extracts from various British Poets with short commentaries.
- Victorian Poets- List of Poets from the Victorian era.
- Irish Poets
- Metaphysical Poets The Metaphysical poets were a loose collection of English poets who developed a new genre of poetry during the 17th Century. The most important poet of this movement was John Donne. Other poets included: George Herbert, Henry Vaughan, Richard Crawshaw, Abraham Cowley.
- Contemporary Poets- Contemporary British poets including Andrew Motion.
- Nobel Prize For Literature: Including Seamus Heaney, W.B.Yeats, and T.S.Eliot.
- British Romantic poets
- A- Z List of Poets
External Links to British Poets
- British Poetry 1780- 1910 a Hypertext Archive of Scholarly Editions at University of Virginia
- Scottish Poetry Library This is a website dedicated to Scottish poetry. The emphasis is on contemporary poetry written in Scotland, in Scots, Gaelic and English, but historic Scottish poetry and contemporary works from almost every part of the world feature too.
- List of British Poets at Wikipedia