‘T is so much joy! ‘T is so much joy!
If I should fail, what poverty!
And yet, as poor as I
Have ventured all upon a throw;
Have gained! Yes! Hesitated so
This side the victory!
- Emily Dickinson (Excerpt T’is So Much Joy)
True inner joy is self – created.
It does not depend on outer circumstances.
A river is flowing in and through you carrying the message of joy.
This divine joy is the sole purpose of life.
- Sri Chinmoy
Let us live in joy, not hating those who hate us.
Among those who hate us, we live free of hate.
Let us live in joy,
free from disease among those who are diseased.
Among those who are diseased, let us live free of disease.
Let us live in joy, free from greed among the greedy.
Among those who are greedy, we live free of greed.
Let us live in joy, though we possess nothing.
Let us live feeding on joy, like the bright gods.
Joy -Lord Buddha
Poems about Joy
- T’is So Much Joy – Emily Dickinson
- Tears of Joy – anon
- The Triumph of the Soul- Attar
- Aphorisms on Joy- Sri Chinmoy
- A Song of Joy – Walt Whitman
- Infant Joy – William Blake
- Joy and Sorrow – Khalil Gibran
Writing on Joy by Sri Chinmoy